Thursday, March 13, 2008

Writer's autobiography

The legend of Chase
I have had many experiences in my lie that contribute to my writing skills and aspirations. Many years ago, when I was a little tike, many told me my writing was not so swell. For example, in middle school, right around sixth grade, i began to write stories and poems. But a ton of m friends told me it wasn't worth my time. That I was not curt out to be a writer. So I gave it up and moved on to other things like sports and such. Yet, when i went to high school, things began to change. My freshman teacher, Mr. Love, forced the entire class to write in a journal. I began to take a liking to it and i realized whatever I wrote was private. Nobody could criticize me on how or what I wrote. This led things to the better. Here i am now, a young and ambitious kid who likes to write every once and a while.
My writing idols happen to be song writers. One of my favorites is Bob Dylan. He is an amazing writer who can tell a true story through a poem that rhymes very well. It's entertaining as well as beautiful. But above all, he can describe a scene, time, or just a classic story behind a disguise. That is such a talent, I really admire him for it. Another great writer is David Gilmour. He is the guitar player and singer for the world famous, Pink Floyd. He just came out with a solo album a few months ago. And I must say, some of the songs he writes and spectacular. He also tells beautiful stories. They're very simple too, which gives me hope that I can be good and still stay simple. I'm not a very complicated writer. My other favorite, the "three chord king", Tom Petty. He also can write beautiful stories. Now I don't think i'll ever be able to become even close to as good as these guys. But that's not the point. These men have written stories that are their own. I must do the same. I must write my own story, I should never try to imitate another writer. That takes away from the whole concept and philosophy behind poetry. "To each his own" as they say. My goal is to create my own style, to become the best I can be.
I write poems and songs now. Many of which are very dramatic. My goal is to be able to write really funny songs or poems, and some that bring tears to the eyes. As I wander into life, I begin to realize that you have to have fun, to be yourself. Me and my personality is very outgoing and funny, buy m poems seem to be on the melancholy side. My hope begins with wanting to bring laughter, not tears. Tears through laughter, now that's a good thing.
My father once showed me a poem of his. it was really great. I didn't know he could write so well. But it taught me a very valuable lesson. You don't have to be a great writer to like writing. It's what i means to you, what it does for your own satisfaction. Writing is not about how good you are or how many people you impress, all that matters is p to you. It's much more of a personal hobby that I think really lets you draw out whatever you want in your own words. I have learned a lot in my short but sweet life so far, and I plan to learn much more. I plan to write, write, and write some more.

No comments: